Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Good News/Bad News

So, at weigh-in today, Pansy came in at 17.1 lb! It's so exciting to be getting into numbers so low. It didn't really hit me until today that she's almost down to 17 pounds! I've started to wonder what our long-term goal is (besides getting her adopted, of course!)

Now, for the bad news. As Pansy's been losing weight, I've noticed a lump under one of her nipples. I thought it was scar tissue from a benign mammary tumor she'd had removed back in '06 (I believe that was the year) but Dr. Kirch said we aren't that lucky. Tomorrow they are removing it in order to do a biopsy on it. In order to keep her spirits up, we're telling Miss P that she's just getting a tummy tuck, since she's lost so much weight and has so much skin left over!

I've got a picture of it, but it's not a great one. It's about the size of a gum drop.

So, cross your fingers for our girl, and if you'd like to help with any medical expenses, you can donate at animalrescue.net. I believe there's a field where you can designate that it's for Miss Pansy Pie's surgery. Or, I'm sure The Cat Hospital of Durham and Chapel Hill will take money. I feel bad even mentioning it, but it seems to have been the year for medical expenses, and I hate to think of the medical fund drying up while cats still need help.

I'll let you know as soon as I find anything out.

No comments: