Monday, September 8, 2008

The Results are In

So, the tumor was cancerous. We don't know what that means for all the little lumps up and down her abdominal region, but we have to assume they are cancerous, too. I'm not sure what IAR will want to do. It sounds like our two options are to remove all of her mammary-related everything, or to just remove lumps as they get big. The good doc has explained that the cat's life-span will be similar with either option, so I have a hunch we'll go with the second one.

It's a pretty sad day for me. P wasn't eating this morning when I left for work. Perhaps she knew the bad news that was on the way. But, that scares me almost as much as the C-word!

But, she's strong. She's such a bright, determined girl. While I feel emotionally kicked by life, I know that she doesn't care what her chances are, or how bad it could be. She's going to go on just like she always has. Isn't it funny that the people with the cancer always seem so much stronger than those of us who just have to watch their struggle?

2 comments:

cass said...

Aww. She's a tough girl.

The video is super cute.

Foster Mommy For IAR:) said...

We love our Pansy!!! She knows that:) She's gonna fight this thing!